At Advanta Dental we look beyond your teeth and are concerned for your overall health. There are significant connections between your systemic health and well being and your oral health. Oral cancer is just one of many of those concerns, that is why an oral cancer screening is performed at every preventative visit. These are relatively simple and quick and best of all, they are done at no additional cost.
The most common symptoms of oral cancer include:
- Red or white spots or sores anywhere in the oral cavity
- A sore that bleeds easily or does not heal
- A lump, thickening or rough spot
- Pain, tenderness or numbness anywhere in the mouth or on the lips
- Difficulty chewing, swallowing, speaking or moving the jaw or tongue
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms or signs, please stop in for an evaluation and consultation.